Account Manager (Germany)
Position: Account Manager / Customer Success Manager
Are you an experienced, ambitious Account Manager who’s looking to get stuck into your next challenge? Want to make a positive and lasting impact on a product that improves the lives of millions of students? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re on the lookout for someone who gets their kicks from helping customers be successful with using technology. Someone who’ll take ownership of our customer projects. Someone who can align our technology with customers’ goals, across German-speaking parts of Europe and further afield, too.
This is your opportunity to join a forward-thinking software company and make a real difference to how we do things. You’ll visit interesting locations (when travel restrictions permit!), you’ll be a self-starter and plan your own schedules, and alongside the technical prerequisites for this role, you’ll also have impeccable communication skills and be the face of our company to customers across the continent.
Key detail: It’s a permanent (full time) position to support our team and customers across Europe. This role reports to AppsAnywhere’s Munich office (we have offices in the UK and USA, too!). Fluent German (Speak/Read/Write) is essential.
We are AppsAnywhere, an exciting EdTech company making big waves in our industry. We’re on a mission to make the student experience even more awesome, by providing our award-winning technologies exclusively to the Higher Ed market.
Currently used and loved by over 2 million students in North America and Europe, to-date 15 apps are launched through AppsAnywhere every second, worldwide! With rapidly growing customer communities across German-speaking parts of Europe, and the continent as a whole, we’re taking the Higher Ed market by storm; totally transforming how students get their academic software.
Now, we’re looking for a dedicated Account Manager to take responsibility for the success of our customer projects in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and beyond.
Recently voted runners up for the TechWorld ‘Best Place to Work in Tech Award’, our employees love their work, and we know you will too. We’re super proud of our business, and we want to find an exceptional candidate who understands why.
We are very proud of our reputation and our close relationship with our Customers. Maintaining these relationships and ensuring customer success is one of our core strengths. Working exclusively in education, we get to know our customers on a personal level, working in partnership, and connecting them with each other to share best practise as part of the AppsAnywhere community.
This position will be responsible for managing upwards of 30 education accounts; ensuring that AppsAnywhere customers - and most importantly their students - continue to have an awesome experience with AppsAnywhere.
As our customers are constantly evolving their IT services, new opportunities for additional services, training and solutions often arise. This post holder will work with customers to identify their needs, promote suitable products and services, and ultimately, grow our accounts.
Aspect of the job
- Take responsibility for and manage a set of established customer accounts, including annual renewals and new business opportunities.
- Maintain regular contact with customers by phone and e-mail to ensure customer satisfaction with Sofware2 products and services.
- Ensure that customer contracts are up-to-date and signed, arrange new contracts as required and manage the renewals process; ensuring that renewal quotations are provided and purchase orders received in a timely manner.
- Update and maintain customer records across all internal systems, including CRM.
- Assist colleagues with the administration of contracts and renewals, including the creation of quotations, contracts and updating of records.
- Establish interpersonal relationships with AppsAnywhere customers. Identify key contacts and decision makers and promote AppsAnywhere as a trusted partner.
- Arrange on-site meetings with customers as required, book travel and accommodation, and plan trips to maximise productivity and cost-efficiency.
- Assist customers with general enquiries and refer them to the appropriate documentation and resources, including the AppsAnywhere support team.
- Identify any unresolved customer issues and work with the wider AppsAnywhere team to ensure that solutions are provided and that customers receive excellent support.
- Identify new customer needs and opportunities for upselling/cross-selling, including new product offerings, training and services.
- Present to customers in-person and online, including product demonstrations.
- Provide advice to Customers on the best use of our Products.
- Qualify opportunities, and work with customers to create and support business cases as needed, and to identify budget and timescales.
- Support AppsAnywhere at events, including talking to prospects to promote AppsAnywhere products and services, answering questions and providing product demonstrations.
- To maintain high levels of professional conduct, including but not limited to, cooperative engagement in tasks set, and the exercising of initiative to suggest through line mangers improvements to processes and procedures.
- To undertake training and personal development as required.
- To support other activities that may become the responsibility of Client Services through evolution, growth or restructuring.
- The execution of, as well as independent preparation and follow-up of technical product presentations and workshops (remote, as well as at the customer)
- Completed education (Commercial, business, sales / marketing or equivalent) plus 3 years’ experience in a related role.
- Excellent knowledge of German and English required, other languages are an advantage.
- Experience of selling software and IT solutions and/or experience of sales in the Higher Education sector.
- Excellent IT literacy skills, including the ability to manage spreadsheets, and to prepare accurate documents including contracts and quotations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively market products and services to a technical audience.
- Willingness to travel: max. 50% (mainly Europe)
- Strong communication skills, presentation know-how and customer orientation
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to plan ahead, manage customer accounts, schedule appointments and make travel arrangements/bookings. Analytical skills, team spirit, project-oriented workstyle and independent way of working
- Independent and responsible working style as well as quality and customer orientation.
- You are determined and committed and are not afraid to take the initiative, are flexible and resilient and enjoy being part of a team
We believe in investing in our people is the key to success, which is why you’ll have access to excellent training and plenty of personal development opportunities. When you are at your best, so are we.
This role offers the chance to make your mark with us while helping to improve the student experience. What’s more, we’re entirely flexible regarding working hours, meaning you can tailor your role to suit your needs.
- Owner-managed, continuously growing group of companies with 3 locations (Charlotte US, Leeds UK and Munich DE)
- Flexibility and individual career opportunities
- We’re a tech company with a corporate culture to match!
- A secure, modern and flexible workplace in a growing, innovative company
- Travel across the continent
Please send your CV by e-mail to email@example.com
Are you the future of virtualization, software delivery or application deployment?
At AppsAnywhere, we're always interested in hearing from people looking to join our growing team of exceptional talent.
- Do you care passionately about improving the student experience?
- Are you interested in making a real difference to university IT?
- Do you want to work for a company where every customer matters?
If the answer to all of these questions is yes and you want to shape the future of application virtualization, then please email us your CV and a brief explanation of why you think you'd be a good fit for us.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about AppsAnywhere...
About AppsAnywhere, the global leaders in application virtualization, delivery and deployment for universities, colleges and organisations across Europe and North America.
Tony Austwick, AppsAnywhere co-founder, talks about app virtualization, the role of IT in higher education, how to improve student experience across the globe, and about being a comic book geek.
Meet the team focused on improving the student experience by providing the best application virtualization and delivery solutions for universities and colleges.